Sunday, May 18, 2008

Progress Images

I was just working today on pushing the garden space a little off center... in order to get it closer to daylight. I think that this also helped me add a few units.
Also in this process I realized that I hadn't yet accounted for the units that were in the second ward type. So I actually have about 800 residential units in each tower. So... 1600 units is getting closer to what I was shooting for.
The research that I have done on density shows that in the denser parts of Manhattan the density is approx. 100 units an acre. I have 32 acres. So I am about 50 units an acre just including what is in the tower. I also have room on the site to put another residential tower... but I still need to consider that.



I have also made adjustments in the plan for vertical circulation in the form of stairs, local and express elevators. That might be jumping ahead a little but... oh well.

Also in this post I have finally included an image of the other garden space. The mass is seperated into wards that are 5 stories tall. There are two different ward configurations. One that has commercial space and residential space on the southwest corner, and then one that has that completely missing, to allow more light into the lower wards garden. So it creates a different feeling in the gardedn that doesn't have any mass to the southwest.

No comments: